Thursday, December 2, 2010

Structured Shoulder Trend Over?

Kanye West interviews Rihanna in the December/January issue of Interview magazine. Of course they immediately begin speaking about about fashion where Rihanna says:

. . . I'm over the whole structured clothing, overly shoulder-padded shit. I like stuff that's easy without trying too hard. I don't like stuff that's too contrived.

WEST: So all the trends with the shoulder pads and that shit is over with for you?

RIHANNA: Yeah. I'm not into trends or trendy style anymore.


True indeed Rihanna has been setting trends for the past few years even though her style hasn't been quite the same to me in the past few months she's still in my top 3 but the structured shoulders is one trend I'm not ready to give up on. I still love to wear my vintage structured shoulder blazers. Ashley Olsen even voiced her opinion on the trend earlier this year saying "". . . I think the extreme shoulder, to me — it takes a very special person to pull it off. And I’m kind of ready to move on from that." Balmain is not ready to let this trend go. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment